Big Fish Digital Works, the digital marketing agency of Big Fish Works, seeks a digitally-savvy, creative and analytical person to join our team as the Digital Strategy and Operations Supervisor.
Working in collaboration with affiliates of Big Fish Works, the Digital Ad Agency has two key functions:
- Handle the digital ad operations for 11 news media sites across Minnesota, comprised of swnewsmedia.com, crowrivermedia.com and ifallsjournal.com.
- Ensure that exceptional customer service is provided to clients purchasing services of our stand-alone Digital Advertising Agency
The Digital Strategy/Operations Supervisor will work closely with the VP of Digital Strategy and Operations to develop, prioritize and coordinate digital advertising fulfillment strategies to serve the needs of our Sales Associates across our Digital Ad Agency, three publishing partners and our clients. This person will also contribute to the process of leading our advertising product strategy, roadmap, and execution for a group of digital products and technologies that will drive growth in traffic, user engagement and revenue.
Due to the ever-changing digital landscape and our client needs, responsibilities related to this position will be regularly reviewed and updated to ensure client satisfaction and business growth.
- Supervise Ad Operations and Ad Agency team
- Work with internal and external Ad Operations team to establish campaign management protocol, and ensure overall campaign delivery for clients and sales associates
- Work with VP of Digital Strategy and Operations to initiate, direct, recommend, and manage third party vendor relationships critical to sales efforts; including contract negotiation, rate card pricing, and service offerings to facilitate sale of:
- SEM, SEO, PPC (Google & Facebook), Programmatic Display and Retargeting, Video, Email, Custom Websites, Landing Pages, Creative production and development, and other emerging digital solutions
- Identify opportunities to improve operations and revenue performance
- Work with sales teams to develop ongoing product training program and sales support with goal to drive incremental client adoption of digital products and services to drive revenue growth
- Work with individual sales teams to develop client-specific strategies
- Will also have a key role in management of other Big Fish Works products like Web Analytics, Classifieds, Real Estate to name a few.
- Participate in cross-functional teams with the goal of driving audience growth and revenue for Big Fish Works
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business or related field
- 3+ years experience working in a professional work environment
- 2+ years experience in digital advertising
- Experience with Ad Server technology (DFP or DCM/DFA preferred)
- Experience in an agency environment OR experience with digital ad operations
- Experience working directly with clients
- Demonstrated leadership and ability to work autonomously
- Experience and knowledge of a wide range of digital media platforms, services, and technologies
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Loves to learn, teach, and share knowledge — especially within the digital media landscape
- Analytical skills are important — needs to comfortable with numbers and working with data
- Ability to wear multiple hats and have to be a problem solver
PREFERRED SKILLS/PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE
- Experience or knowledge in Web Analytics (Google Analytics)
- Experience or knowledge with WordPress
- Experience working with Content Management Systems (CMS)
- Past sales experience — especially in digital advertising
- Experience with Tag Management Solutions
- Experience or working knowledge of Data Management Platforms (DMPs)
- Experience planning media outside of digital (TV, OOH, Radio, Newspaper, etc)
- Working knowledge of data attribution modeling
ABOUT OUR COMPANY
- Work location is 12925 Eagle Creek Parkway in Savage, Minnesota.
- This is a full-time, exempt position.
- Compensation includes base salary plus commission, with incentives that reward top sales performance.
- Great benefits package that includes contribution toward insurance offerings (health, life, dental, disability), PTO, 401k match program and comprehensive training.
- All Big Fish Works employees must embrace our Core Values: Collaboration, Community, Integrity, Passion and Perseverance. Our loyal print subscribers and diverse digital audience turns to us regularly for their local news and information. Producing compelling content and serving thousands of clients on a monthly basis and in a timely manner is what we do best. Our mission statement says it all: “Great people. Growing communities through communication.”
Join our team! We invite you to learn more about our great organization by visiting our website, www.bigfishworks.com. Newspapers affiliated with our organization include: Chanhassen Villager, Chaska Herald, Eden Prairie News, Jordan Independent, Lakeshore Weekly News, Prior Lake American, Savage Pacer, Shakopee Valley News, Hutchinson Leader, Litchfield Independent Review and International Falls Journal. We also own and operate two commercial printing plants in addition to the full-service digital agency.
Please send resume, cover letter and salary expectations.