DIRECTOR OF SALES
Southwest News Media – Savage, MN
Full-time, Base Salary plus incentives
Southwest News Media, a division of Big Fish Works and located in Savage, MN, is seeking a Rock Star sales director who is passionate about leading team members in successfully achieving/exceeding goals and providing our clients with exceptional service and return on investment.
The ideal candidate will be a highly-motivated, energetic professional with leadership experience. We are looking for a passionate coach for our multi-media sales team. The culture of our organization embraces a consultative sales style, and our success is based on integrated marketing campaigns that can involve multiple platforms. This position will require you to be highly proficient and professional in presenting to large groups of people, and able to articulate our value proposition effectively. The compensation package includes a generous base salary plus incentives that reward sales goal achievement.
The Twin Cities area is known for its tremendous business growth and highly-desirable demographics. Qualified applicants must be comfortable working with business owners, managing partners and C-level executives. Our customers are based primarily in the southwest metro area, where we publish eight weekly papers, numerous specialty publications and can fulfill virtually any commercial printing need or digital advertising service. Working closely with the digital division of our company to provide solutions that take advantage of the strength of our multi-media platform is essential. Extensive time will be spent in the field mentoring sales executives, and building their knowledge base about our products and services in order to grow revenue.
RESPONSIBILITIES & EXPECTATIONS / OVERVIEW
- Championing our entire suite of print and digital products to steadily grow revenue and client count on a monthly basis
- Exceptional negotiation and closing proficiency
- Analyzing and interpreting key sales metrics to create marketing strategies that produce the best results for our customers
- Diligent awareness about performance related to monthly, quarterly and annual goals
- Hold staff accountable for revenue goal achievement, KPIs, and engagement in all sales initiatives
- Assist sales executives in establishing a robust pipeline of expanded sales opportunities and track efforts to ensure success
- Coach, develop and support all team members while leading by example
- Exceptional written, verbal, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Strategically assess current market trends for new sales opportunities and make recommendations for changing product offerings
- Provide timely reports, sales forecasts, account and competitive information
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite applications and familiar with PC-based software
- Exhibit energetic, inspiring qualities that instills confidence with our clients that they have partnered with the best in the industry
- You are viewed as a problem-solver who is trustworthy and acts with integrity
- Create and participate in opportunities to be a public representative and image builder for our organization in the communities we serve
- Valid driver’s license, reliable transportation and personal vehicle insurance required
- All employees of Southwest News Media embrace our organization’s core values: Collaboration, Community, Integrity, Passion and Perseverance.
- This is a full-time, exempt position.
- Compensation includes attractive base salary plus incentives that reward top sales performance.
- Great benefits package that includes contribution toward insurance offerings (health, life, dental, disability), PTO, 401k match program, comprehensive training, reimbursements toward mileage, use of computer tablet and IPhone.
We invite you to learn more about our great organization by visiting our website, www.bigfishworks.com. Newspapers affiliated with Southwest News Media include: Chanhassen Villager, Chaska Herald, Eden Prairie News, Jordan Independent, Lakeshore Weekly News, Prior Lake American, Savage Pacer and Shakopee Valley News. Other sister publications in outstate Minnesota are the Hutchinson Leader, Litchfield Independent Review and International Falls Journal. We also own and operate two commercial printing plants and a full-service digital agency. On a monthly basis, we partner with thousands of clients in helping them grow their business.
Please send resume, cover letter and salary expectations.