Southwest News Media – Savage, MN
Full-time, Base Salary plus Commission
Southwest News Media, a division of Big Fish Works and located in Savage, MN, is looking to hire a dynamic individual to focus on the job recruitment advertising needs of businesses throughout the Twin Cities area.
Take a look around! Thousands of jobs remain open for extended periods of time and many operations are struggling to fill positions with suitable candidates. We have a host of solutions for those businesses to fill positions quickly and efficiently.
The Recruitment Advertising Specialist will connect with Human Resource decision-makers and hiring managers throughout the metro area to introduce them to our print and digital offerings that can be used advertise their job openings. This position will require you to be highly proficient and professional in developing tailored presentations that focus our products, and be able to articulate our value proposition effectively. The compensation package includes a generous base salary plus commission and incentives that increase with achieving/exceeding established sales goals.
The extended Twin Cities area is known for its tremendous business growth and highly-desirable demographics. Our customers are based primarily in the southwest metro area, where we publish eight weekly papers, numerous specialty publications, digital and social media branding products, all while we partner with some of the best job verticals in the country. Extensive time will be spent in the field growing your own book of business to ensure personal financial success in your new career!
RESPONSIBILITIES & EXPECTATIONS / OVERVIEW
- Grow recruitment advertising revenue by connecting with businesses throughout the metro area
- Introduce Southwest’s multi-media suite of recruitment products to a minimum of 75 clients each week
- Assess client needs and provide amazing customer service
- Exceptional negotiation and closing proficiency
- Excellent organizational, leadership and interpersonal communication skills
- Become an expert on current recruitment trends to best advise clients on how to fill open positions
- Heavy prospecting and developing relationships with area HR leaders
- Provide timely reports, sales forecasts, account and competitive information
- Achieve/exceed monthly, quarterly, annual sales goals
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite applications and familiar with PC-based software
- Work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Great spelling, numbers aptitude and attention to detail
- Exhibit energetic, inspiring qualities that instills confidence with our clients that they have partnered with the best in the industry
- You are viewed as a problem-solver who is trustworthy and acts with integrity
- Create and participate in opportunities to be a public representative and image builder for our organization in the communities we serve
- Valid driver’s license, reliable transportation and personal vehicle insurance required
- All employees of Southwest News Media embrace our organization’s core values: Collaboration, Community, Integrity, Passion and Perseverance.
- This is a full-time, exempt position.
- Compensation includes base salary plus commission, with incentives that reward top sales performance.
- Great benefits package that includes contribution toward insurance offerings (health, life, dental, disability), PTO, 401k match program, comprehensive training, reimbursements toward mileage, use of computer tablet and IPhone.
We invite you to learn more about our great organization by visiting our website, www.bigfishworks.com. Newspapers affiliated with Southwest News Media include: Chanhassen Villager, Chaska Herald, Eden Prairie News, Jordan Independent, Lakeshore Weekly News, Prior Lake American, Savage Pacer and Shakopee Valley News. Other sister publications in outstate Minnesota are the Hutchinson Leader, Litchfield Independent Review and International Falls Journal. We also own and operate two commercial printing plants and a full-service digital agency. On a monthly basis, we partner with thousands of clients in helping them grow their business.
Please send resume, cover letter and salary expectations.